NSW If husband citizenship gets revoked will the dependents citizenship also get revoked?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Some help

30 April 2017
Husband who was the principal applicant on skilled migration is found of any reason due to which his citizenship will be revoked, will it impact wife and kids citizenship? or they will be considered outside the case?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
My understanding is that if they are a party to his skilled migrant application they are bound to his outcome. That said there is nothing stopping the wife and child making a separate application.

Some help

30 April 2017
Hi Lance,
More clarification. Citizenship is already granted (over a year). In this scenario if they are not party to the issue due to which principal applicants citizenship can be revoked, will the dependents suffer. If the wife files for separation will she and kids be fine and retain their citizenship?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
I need to clarify (I apologise I understood it to be application for citizenship), are the wife and child just residents? Revoking someone's citizenship isn't common and my understanding is that its usually due to serious charges such as terrorism or fighting in a war against Australia and their allies. If this is you or a friend, I would speak with an immigration lawyer before the wife files anything.

Lance

31 October 2015
Ok I think I have it now. Wife and kids are citizens also. As long as they have no connection to the offence that is seeing the Husband / father's citizenship being revoked then they shouldn't have any issue with their citizenship. They shouldn't need an immigration lawyer, but they could speak with a lawyer to ensure they have no connection to the fathers crimes.