VIC I need to choose a new skill programme that will lead me to PR

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sherub

17 May 2023
Hi
I have recently been granted my 408 visa which has been active for about 3months now .I am starting my research early on but really appreciate the insight. I am currently working as PCA in an aged care facility but the options that were given to me by my previous migration agent was to take up the Long term skill programme which is either a Nurse or a Educator as my pathway for PR.I have thought long and hard that i do not want to take any of them instead selected psychologist NEC which doesn't require me to have a full medical degree or the duration it takes for me to be able to be ready for skills assesment.Initially i transitioned in line with having some work experience in the mental health sector and also to pursue this particular course (Psychologist NEC-Anzco Code(272399).I am 35 so up until 45 I still have enough time to not miss that bar for my residency or lose the credit points. My few doubts are still that the government making new updates for people working in the critical sector which i think that would still be a long criteria .(work time frame/annual wages/even position that I hold in the critical sector).I am planning to do a graduate degree in the course and at the same time trying to find work in the relevant sector while i study which would definitely delay my pathway to residency but even if i did take other options being given by my agent, it takes me the same amount of time .I could really use some strong pointers and migration advise on how to carefully plan the process.I really need to be able to find a good consultant .