NSW I have some questions about making a GIPA request

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

faustus

26 November 2016
Mine is large and complicated.

Which means costly, yes?

I have also had the need for such a resource, but to no avail. Tangentially, you may wish to look at the FOI requests made at Make and browse Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
Have a look at the wording of requests that are successful, and requests that are unsuccessful, and requests whose scope is so broad that the quoted cost of fulfilling them is in the thousands of dollars.

You may also consider speaking to the Information Officer -- they will be very helpful, but not with regards to the specific document you are searching for, more how to phrase a request in a way that starts very specific and fans outwards if no matches, etc.

Australian Student

3 February 2018
You may also consider speaking to the Information Officer -- they will be very helpful, but not with regards to the specific document you are searching for, more how to phrase a request in a way that starts very specific and fans outwards if no matches, etc.

I took the Information Officer to the Tribunal and convicted him of breach of privacy (section 17 of the PPIP). I don't think he is in a very helpful mood.

Australian Student

3 February 2018
Which means costly, yes?

I have also had the need for such a resource, but to no avail. Tangentially, you may wish to look at the FOI requests made at Make and browse Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
Have a look at the wording of requests that are successful, and requests that are unsuccessful, and requests whose scope is so broad that the quoted cost of fulfilling them is in the thousands of dollars.

And thanks for that resource. It may be helpful.