QLD i have just been charged with stealing by clerk,computer hacking and money laundering

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Zreberger93

12 July 2020
hello,so back in july 2020 i was interviewed by police for allegedly stealing 40k over a period of two years from my former employer.

this morning i was arrested and charged with the following

255 counts of 398.6 stealing by clerk
208 counts of 408e 1&2 computer hacking
and one count of 250(1)(a)

last i seen they had a few bank statements they questioned me about which i explained the transactions were me selling my car for 10k
and me withdrawing my work pay to buy car parts off facebook and putting back in what i didn't use.

i can't really afford a lawyer and i'm very gob smacked by this.
i have no qp9 at all and apparently have to wait til court.

MrE

14 March 2021
Contact Legal Aid. Depending on how you want to proceed (and also how much you earn and your assets), you may well qualify for Legal Aid. Those are serious enough offences, at that amount, that you need legal advice.

You would have already had your first Court date by now, and should have the QP9s from police prosecutions. If you don't have them, request them off the police prosecution corps. You can't really know all your options until you see the police brief, including statements and so on, but you can't really understand the charges at all without the QP9s.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I agree that it may be worthwhile to contact Legal Aid.
It is important to understand, however, that Legal Aid does not work like Medicare.
--> Not everyone gets it.
There is both a Means Test and a Merits Test for eligibility.

And if you think that withholding the QP-9
is a petty tactic to embugger soft target defendants,
you're right.

You're also seeing a psychiatrist - at your own expense - to see if there is
any medical context to your alleged actions.