WA Husband has a Jail Sentence Date?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Mussetta

9 February 2017
Husband told me today he got sentenced to jail 6 months but goes on Monday? Can this happen? Hand yourself in later or is he pulling my leg?

It's a minor conviction but there are a few minors prior.

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
I don't quite understand your question. Are you saying that he was sentenced to 6 months jail (today) but will be home on Monday?

Is he presently in custody/serving time? If so it could be that he was sentenced but due to time served he'll be released. Alternatively, it could be a suspended jail sentence. I don't know enough about the particular circumstances to comment otherwise.

Mussetta

9 February 2017
I don't quite understand your question. Are you saying that he was sentenced to 6 months jail (today) but will be home on Monday?

Is he presently in custody/serving time? If so it could be that he was sentenced but due to time served he'll be released. Alternatively, it could be a suspended jail sentence. I don't know enough about the particular circumstances to comment otherwise.

Hi,

Sorry no, he message me and said he's going to jail Monday for 6 months. He went to court Wednesday but has to hand himself on Monday. We are not talking.

Can this happen?