NSW How to stop unfounded accusations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

nose

27 November 2015
ex wife making accussations of excessive aggressive behaviour towards son, unfounded, other than taking my son's (14) comments about me getting angry at him for misbehaving. On email saying am
Bullying son and am excessively aggressive towards him and has reduced my access to him, threatening to stopping all access to protect son from me. No basis or evidence for behaviour claims other than my son perhaps complaining because I got angry once or twice. How do I stop her?

Reactions: Karen mcguane

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Not my area, but I suggest you repost this in the Family law thread. I believe it’s more relevant there and you’re more likely to get a usable answer.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If she is only making the accusations to you, there is no case for defamation.

If she is telling others, have a lawyer write a cease and desist letter.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Simple definition: It is where a person trashes another person's reputation to a 3rd person. Can be verbal or in writing. Includes saying things in emails, on Facebook and twitter etc.

Karen mcguane

14 February 2018
A CCS where my daughter has supervised visits has done everything in there power to defame me I believe in the truth and have to believe the truth will prevail over lies. I'm not sure what to do because I don't want to upset my daughters visits because they CCS rang my daughter to tell her I have been harassing them verbally abuseing and threatening them which is complete lies I went to their head office to complain once and I wanted a written letter of apology since then it's a nightmare but I have to stop them as I will not have anyone lying about me I am 63 years old and now these women wrote a damming letter to my grandsons ICL lawyer who by the way I haven't seen since the day my daughters ex took him early Jan 2017. I'm heartbroken and I'm not sure how much more I can take I miss my grandson so much I need to hold him again anyway this ICL will not talk to me at all by any means as I am not part of the party she says but she filed with the magistrate at the flc this damming letter these women at ccs will not call me because I am not part of the party so nobody will explain what is going on and why they are doing this they have said I am also calling them on a no caller if I don't know how to do that I have rang 2 times months apart but never abuesd them it was only to explain my daughter being in hospital and some other unimportant issue I did not have a problem with these people the manager one time from ccs rang and after speaking to me said she knew I was telling the truth but had to stand by her staff I thanked her but it's not helping me they told my daughter if they saw my face in the public car park her visits would be stopped I find this appalling so I am to afraid to take her but I don't like her driving herself because after the visit she is in a state of collapse she has a visit today she's gone alone because they told her yesterday if I take her I must drop her way Down the street I have a feeling why nobody wants me to be around my grandson because of him living with mme we had a special bond and love each other unconditionally and my daughter ms ex his family is jealous but not seeing my precious grandson in over 12 months it is uncomprehendable I do not want to imagine what my grandson went and is going through he won't even let my mother who's 84 see him I am scared he will forget us he's 5 in March. There is nothing in the intrim order stopping me from seeing him it's his father and I truly believe this has been done to me incase I see him getting picked up at his visit I honestly don't know what to do because I want my name cleared because I did not do any thing remotely true but to have these women from the ccs service say these lies and now it's filled in court but nobody will even discuss my options. I have even begged the. CCS to get police involved and download there phone so I can hear who is pretending to be me if what they are saying is true but the manager now thinks they misinterpreted everything but she refuses to help me as she's having to stand by her staff but I need to see my grandson even if it's just a second to glimpse at him when he gets picked up his dad won't engage with my daughter by phone or email none of his family will he won't even let my mum at 84 speak to her great grandson on the phone and these people were always invited to come to my home and see him when ever or to have him anytime to sleep over my daughter has always wanted both of them in their sons life as she always says a child needs to be loved by both parents and he should be allowed to love both his parents

Karen mcguane

14 February 2018
Please help us please help me to see my grandson and my mother at 84 is awaiting a heart operation in the past 12 months she has gone down hill and keeps questioning why she can't see her great grandson what has she done wrong and why is she being punished these people when ever they wanted to know anything had to ask me everything about this beautiful child fav colour favourite cereal cartoon everything my daughter has suffered from social anxiety since she was 8 years and currently her medication is being controlled by her Psychiatrist she has managed to be a loving caring mother and her son adores her. Her ex has a new partner and they had a baby last June 2017 although it is not this mans baby but they have been friends a number of years infact my daughter met her through him I am positive by living together it is going to help him in court but in his own words to the family consultant in the flc him and his partner after the birth of this baby are continuing use again on meth cannibis also alchol and do not intend stopping. After this Myself and brother went to police showed the letter and they were highly concerned and ordered a welfare check and my grandson was okay although this was then done at 10pm however it made us feel better but this ICL lawyer told my daughter we made it worse for her by doing this we did it only at the time out of love and concern I'm not sure how this can In actual fact be made any worse for my daughter again these CCS stopped the visits again so you can see why I'm scared to do anything but as a human being I don't understand why I should allow these women to slander my name and reputation because i love my grandson especially when the ICL lawyer is favouring illegal drugs over prescription medication they both have had 24 hour random drug tests 6 tests for my daughter 6 negative and he's had 6 drug tests for 6 positives however the ICL lawyer points out to my daughter her prescription medication is present and she really doesn't have much chance of getting it out of court or at this stage my daughter would settle in 50 50 any

Karen mcguane

14 February 2018
ex wife making accussations of excessive aggressive behaviour towards son, unfounded, other than taking my son's (14) comments about me getting angry at him for misbehaving. On email saying am
Bullying son and am excessively aggressive towards him and has reduced my access to him, threatening to stopping all access to protect son from me. No basis or evidence for behaviour claims other than my son perhaps complaining because I got angry once or twice. How do I stop her?

Karen mcguane

14 February 2018
Please help us please help me to see my grandson and my mother at 84 is awaiting a heart operation in the past 12 months she has gone down hill and keeps questioning why she can't see her great grandson what has she done wrong and why is she being punished these people when ever they wanted to know anything had to ask me everything about this beautiful child fav colour favourite cereal cartoon everything my daughter has suffered from social anxiety since she was 8 years and currently her medication is being controlled by her Psychiatrist she has managed to be a loving caring mother and her son adores her. Her ex has a new partner and they had a baby last June 2017 although it is not this mans baby but they have been friends a number of years infact my daughter met her through him I am positive by living together it is going to help him in court but in his own words to the family consultant in the flc him and his partner after the birth of this baby are continuing use again on meth cannibis also alchol and do not intend stopping. After this Myself and brother went to police showed the letter and they were highly concerned and ordered a welfare check and my grandson was okay although this was then done at 10pm however it made us feel better but this ICL lawyer told my daughter we made it worse for her by doing this we did it only at the time out of love and concern I'm not sure how this can In actual fact be made any worse for my daughter again these CCS stopped the visits again so you can see why I'm scared to do anything but as a human being I don't understand why I should allow these women to slander my name and reputation because i love my grandson especially when the ICL lawyer is favouring illegal drugs over prescription medication they both have had 24 hour random drug tests 6 tests for my daughter 6 negative and he's had 6 drug tests for 6 positives however the ICL lawyer points out to my daughter her prescription medication is present and she really doesn't have much chance of getting it out of court or at this stage my daughter would settle in 50 50 any