QLD How to stop Rogue property manager. Airbnb - my house

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nicole M Kerr

18 January 2020
Going through a separation where my husband cut all income off to my young daughter and I. My only income was 1 airbnb rental. My husband somehow got to my property manager who I hired and worked for me. Got him to quickly quit on me without notice. Then I have found out they duplicated my whole listing with my content and re-rented under their accounts. So now my daughter and I have no income to pay any bills or live on. I'm currently overseas living in the US. What are my rights? I've been contacting airbnb for over a week. Do I have to fly to Australia just to go to the property manager and take my keys? Can I have police pick my keys up. Is there a non expensive way to have a lawyer write a letter to stop my property manager? Can I sue him for all the money I have lost this month? Please let me know what my best path would be. The house is in joint names of my husband and I.

Thank you,
Nicole