NSW How to Proceed with Agreed Property Settlement with Ex?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy

6 April 2016
Hi,

I have been tearing my hair out over this frustration for some time now and getting nowhere.

I have an agreed property settlement in hand with my ex. All I have to do is pay out x amount to her for her share of the house. Amount agreed, done. It is just a matter of getting it down on paper, sounds fairly straight forward right? Wrong!

First I tried doing the consent orders document from the family court website. But filling out that thing is like trying to shove a round peg in a square hole, and at the end there is nothing for stipulating a payout anyway, wtf? I even went through it with a lawyer, and later on when I mentioned the above to the lawyer, they said another document has to be filled out. What other document?

Anyway, I have not paid that lawyer anything yet, and now they say they are too busy to take my case, so I am on my own again?

All I want to do is get a template of a Binding Financial Agreement(?) that myself and my ex can fill out and get notarized by lawyers, done.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au