VIC How to Get Arrests Off National Police Check for Employment?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AnonAuthor

23 October 2015
I have recently applied for a national police check to start my career in pathology. I was arrested about15 years ago and about 9 years ago for possession of heroin. My cases went to court but I had no convictions and those arrests have been placed on my national police check.

Is there any way of getting these taken off my police check so I can start work in my career? I have worked very hard to change my life and I feel as though this is not fair as it will be a detriment to my chances of employment.

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
According to this article: Convictions a matter of record - but for how long? the police have a discretionary power to enable an arrest to remain on your criminal record.

You could always write a letter to the police asking the arrests to be taken off your criminal record due to no convictions being recorded and if they refuse to, to provide a reason why.

AnonAuthor

23 October 2015
According to this article: Convictions a matter of record - but for how long? the police have a discretionary power to enable an arrest to remain on your criminal record.

You could always write a letter to the police asking the arrests to be taken off your criminal record due to no convictions being recorded and if they refuse to, to provide a reason why.
Thank you for your answer to my question. I will do that and hope I get a reasonable response.