Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC How to Get Arrests Off National Police Check for Employment?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by AnonAuthor, 23 October 2015.

1. AnonAuthor

AnonAuthor Member

I have recently applied for a national police check to start my career in pathology. I was arrested about15 years ago and about 9 years ago for possession of heroin. My cases went to court but I had no convictions and those arrests have been placed on my national police check.

Is there any way of getting these taken off my police check so I can start work in my career? I have worked very hard to change my life and I feel as though this is not fair as it will be a detriment to my chances of employment.

2. JS79

JS79 Well-Known Member

According to this article: Convictions a matter of record - but for how long? the police have a discretionary power to enable an arrest to remain on your criminal record.

You could always write a letter to the police asking the arrests to be taken off your criminal record due to no convictions being recorded and if they refuse to, to provide a reason why.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnonAuthor

AnonAuthor Member

Thank you for your answer to my question. I will do that and hope I get a reasonable response.