VIC How to Apply for Australian Citizenship for Biological Daughter?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thai2493

14 September 2015
My wife's sister had come by herself for holidays to Australia 14 years ago for a year. She was married and had 1 daughter in Thailand. Something just happened between us secretly. When she found she was pregnant, she went back to Thailand and lived her life as usual with her husband, their daughter and my new born daughter. I supported her financially without anybody knowing. My wife and I went back to Thailand twice a year to her family. Of course I had very good chance to get close to my daughter. My wife's sister and I never let anything happen again.

My wife and I brought my daughter to Australia a few times since she was 6 years old because my wife loves her so much too. When my daughter turned 13 years old, I confessed everything to my wife. I made her very upset, angry and sad for a few weeks. After that she said to me that she forgave me and wanted me to give my daughter a better chance to live and get better education in Australia. She loved my daughter too, I know.
My wife's sister wants her (my) daughter to come here too.

Next year, my daughter will come here in March as usual because it's a long school holiday in Thailand, and she wants to continue study here. What should I do to apply for her Australian citizenship in order to get benefit for her education?

Please help.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Are you and Australian citizen now?
Were you and Australian citizen at the time the child was born?