QLD Should I Dispute Fake Arrest Warrant?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jonny Law

15 January 2016
I was found with 48grams of cannabis and then threw my phone onto train tracks when asked to put the code in by the police. At the time, I was also on probation for possession and supply.

A couple weeks later, my house was raided by the police. I was not home and haven't been charged. The search warrant said I was charged with possession and supply of cannabis to "namely persons unknown" a couple days after I was actually charged with the possession and obstruction / assault for throwing my phone. It also said this happened on the Sunshine Coast when I was actually in Gold Coast.

I assume they made up the reason for the warrant because no JP would sign it if I was only charged for a personal amount of cannabis. They found and took bongs and a personal amount of cannabis during the raid.

This was in March last year. Can and/or would they charge me for what they found? If not, should I dispute the arrest warrant? If I do show the warrant to the appropriate authorities, what repercussions would the police who filed it actually face? And would I be harassed for it?

Iamthelaw

13 September 2016
Fake warrant? Under the Act, the police will be granted a warrant as long as they can show that there are reasonable grounds to suspect the commission of an offence or confiscation of related evidence at a certain place.. You were on probation for possession and supply, later you're caught with 48 grams (a decent amount).. Perhaps they even had further evidence - Who knows. Although I think it's safe to say that they had reasonable grounds which satisfied the JP/Magistrate etc. You also don't have to be charged prior to a warrant being granted.

Reactions: DaleA76

Jonny Law

15 January 2016
I was charged for possession and assault/obstruction but that's not what it said on the warrant. On the search warrant, it said possess and supply on a different date and in a different place. So I say fake warrant not just because I wasn't charged for what it says on it but because I didn't actually do it, nor could I have because I wasn't in said place at said time. And I guess I'm asking what the statute of limitations is for possession of schedule 2 drug (cannabis) and utensils (scales, bongs)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruben

11 September 2017
dude a warrant needs to be signed by a magistrate and a BOND needs to be attached to it
it is not a complete warrant without the BOND
i would make a CLAIM for trespass and robbery against the man acting as a police officer get his name
point across the room and say that man robbed me of property [your weed] don't call it cannabis call it property
and put it in writing and only speak the words on your CLAIM