QLD How do I evict a ex partner on a short term relationship?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kurt085

25 August 2019
I need some advice. My ex partner and I have recently seperated. We were in a relationship for just under a year and she moved in with me for 2.5 months before we decided to seperate. I am a home owner and she at no point paid for rent or any utilities. How do I go about evicting her as I have asked but she won't leave? How much notice do I need to give as she isn't on any bills etc.

Thanks Kurt

Atticus

6 February 2019
I agree with Sammy.... But I would also consider giving the local cops a heads up on what's happening & why first... reason being that unfortunately it is way too easy to get interim DVO's these days on a pack of lies... If she comes home, finds the locks changed, arguments start, neighbors call cops, someone spins a yarn, a cop is a little 'overzealous' & you may find your the one out on your ear.. It happens.. look at it as covering your bases...

Also leave a note on the door telling her she can collect her things on a set date & time... Arrange with the local cops a 'standby breach of peace' on that day for the same reasons