VIC how can we change the contact visit superviser or cancel access visits till it is changed.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joanne7777

18 May 2018
how can we change contact visit superviser or cancel access visits till it is changed
How can we urgently change super viser. do we need to put it in writing to a manager can we get a gp to write that its not in the childs best interests to have the visits until the superviser is changed as the child is experiencing too much stress around these repetitive weeikly fights taht the superviser makes.

my partner father of the child has 2 hours supervised access a week.
The new superviser is very inappropriate and sressful acting against the childs interest in many ways causing the same stress every week and is abrupt and makes the child cry. she seems to not have much availability even on the weekend where she chould have a choice of some 17 hours to choose the 2 hour contact visit but almost all the time seems inconvenient for her she is unavalable or simply prefering not to be available most of the time and then she demands we cancle the few hours of sports that is my childs passion to make thea ccess visit during those 3 hours instead of the other 17 hours of the weekend..
she argues about this and other same things repetitively every week.
She even tried to make the child miss school to have access visits when the child was meant to be in school as this was for her own convenience.
she is at least 25 minutes late every week.
She concocts stories and fights .
she doesnt tell me where the visit will be even. sometimes a few hours before i still dnt know.
she fights against where some visits are when they have to be close to the childs home if they are during the school week so the child can do homework and go to bed on time.
no other superviser was abrupt, and fightinga but the same things every week, and hardly available so that she tried to make visits during the few hours of sport taht the child does each week which cant be changed rather than the entire rest of the weekend.
there are other issues re times and locationa nd the entire court proceedings and decisions this superviser is making that show total disrepect fr the whole point of why full custody was awarded to me and what the issues are.
How can we urgently change super viser. do we need to put it in writing to a manager can we get a gp to write that its not in the childs best interests to have the visits until the superviser is changed as the child is experiencing too much stress around these repetitive weeikly fights taht the superviser makes.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Okay, so the supervising party is obviously a friend or family member, rather than a professional at a contact centre? And are you Mum and dad is your ex?

Last edited:

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Your spelling is awful... Use spellcheck
Who is the supervisor?
Why are the times not set in the orders?

Nonfiction

17 May 2018
Victoria
You have mentioned that you have full custody and that the partner father (I assume you mean former partner who is the father?) has 2 hours of supervised visitation per week. You clearly have issues with the present supervisor, alleging she/he is argumentative, unreliable and intentionally tries to interfere with the child’s extracurricular activities and school.

To assist us to hopefully assist you further, it would be very helpful if you could please answer the following questions.
Do you have court orders?
If you do...What do the orders say with regards to the supervised visits? Do they specify certain days? Are the visits to occur during certain times? (You mention something about a 17 hour period) Do the orders nominate a supervisor?