QLD how can i protect my son?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Emil Buitre

19 June 2017
Hi everyone,

My name is Emil and i have just signed up with this forum as i need to ask you guy two questions.
I went to a police station today to have some update and seek advices for a 4 months situation where my 14yo boy has been bullied , beten up and constantly life threatened first by one and then by a bunch of 16yo bullies
One of the 16yo bully was reported to the police by my ex wife but after the police spoke to him, it took only two weeks for him to stalk and threaten my son again to the point that he told my son they have his address ,he is no safe anywere and they will kill him.
Since i can't trust my ex is telling me everything, i hoped the police can help me but i was so wrong!
First of all they could not disclose anything about the case despite we are talking about my son because it was reported by his mother and it is protected by privacy.
Then i asked what are my rights as fathes if i will keep an eye on my son when he goes out and these bullies will physically attack him or even me.Can i defend myself?
The police officer refused to give any advice as the situation could have many variants and she could not advise me to fight back.
At this point i made easier for her and asked if in general someone physically attaks me, am i allowed to defend myself? She replaied that i should call 000 and so should my son if he feels threatened.
She also suggested that my son should collaborate by not going to places where this bully is and i silly believed that it should be the other way around!
As much as i undertand that, i find very difficult imagining someone calling 000 and describing what is going on while being gang beaten.
There it must be some law to protect who gets physically attacked and i would like to know about it
Also i would like to ask what right do i have as father to get my ex to let me know about important issues in my children life as i get to know important issues only when they escalate to the limit
Would appreciate some advices
Thank you
Emil