QLD Housing Commission Question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Novafrag

30 May 2017
Hello all,

This question comes after our day was interrupted by a knock on our door, with two housing commission representatives, they had come to do a surprise inspection, the second time they have done this.

Of course, we were not ready for an inspection, and the house was messy from two children running a muck

My main point is that on all previous inspections, we have been told that we get 7 days in advance before an inspection, and it even said something about legislation on, saying they need to give us 7 days

Is it lawful for them to do inspections by knocking and entering?

Thanks

Tripe

22 May 2017
Seems like they should give 7 days notice, but is there any reason they may want to check without any notice?

I would expect government housing officers would be doing everything by the letter of the law and they wouldn't be deliberately breaking the law.

Novafrag

30 May 2017
We have left the house in a little bit of a mess, but not enough to warrant raid tactics by housing commision, i did refeer it to the ombudsman and they are sending the complaint back throught the housing commision system for a formal reply and then they are going to check if the appropriate response was given

Reactions: Lance