VIC Homework Question - Civil Procedure law - basic steps and pleadings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rocky1

23 April 2017
Question 1: Set out the basic steps and flows of court pleadings. (which pleadings would a case start with and replies/responses)

Question 2: What is the proper form of responding in a pleading?

I have searched different websites, but I keep getting referred to American websites. if someone can give me sources or help me out I would highly appreciate it.

Warm Regards,

Rocky

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
What state are you in? You must recognise each state has their own rules, though all are similar to varying degrees.

Look to your civil procedure act as a starting point. Your textbook should also have this information.

Rocky1

23 April 2017
I am in Victoria, I don't have a text book thats the problem my teacher skipped me when he was handing them out for an unknown reason. I will have a look in the ACT you have provided if there anything sources or pdf's you can provide I would be so grateful, thank you.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Civil Procedure Act 2010 (Vic). Then look at the court rules for the court your course uses for it teachings. And try your library for books.