VIC Home Insurance Claim - Take Legal Action?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Docktor

2 December 2015
Hi.

I had my shed burn down over 18 months ago. I have been paid out for the contents but to date, no building of the new shed has commenced despite emails and calls to both the builder and the home insurance company.

It is to a point where my health and my family are suffering and I am ready to take legal action. Who do I contact so I can work out what my rights are?

Matthew Karakoulakis

27 October 2016
Hi Docktor,

Many insurance companies frequently delay claims, knowing that number of policyholders will simply stop chasing the claim. However, it is not only unethical but also illegal for an insurer to delay the claim unnecessarily. Further, an insurer becomes liable to pay interest for withholding claim payment unreasonably.

We have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and have achieved favorable outcome for our clients.

Feel free to contact AMK Law on [email protected] to arrange a time to discuss your situation.

Reactions: Lance