NSW Hit a Parked Car but Reported to Police Later - Repercussions?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fairy213

8 February 2019
Scratched a side mirror of a wrongly parked car. I waited there but no one came. I didn't leave my details on a note as I didn't know I had to but called 131444 the next morning and then went to local police station to give my details and stmnt as suggested by the police assist operator.

Will this get me into trouble? I called the police assist line within 24hrs but the report at the police station was later. The police gave me an event number. It was a minor scratch and I did not take any details or photo of the other car. All I know it was a red Hyundai getz.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Scratched a side mirror of a wrongly parked car. I waited there but no one came. I didn't leave my details on a note as I didn't know I had to but called 131444 the next morning and then went to local police station to give my details and stmnt as suggested by the police assist operator.

Will this get me into trouble? I called the police assist line within 24hrs but the report at the police station was later. The police gave me an event number. It was a minor scratch and I did not take any details or photo of the other car. All I know it was a red Hyundai getz.

From what you wrote, I don't think it will reach to that extent as you tried your best and the damage is minor, this is of my opinion only.

Reactions: Fairy213