SA Hidden assets during settlement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

rachael75

21 January 2020
Hi, a Self rep in family court. no discovery/disclosure from ex. Ex stole all assets and money from the bank account. I'm looking at "addback" due to massive dissipation. 6 months Post-separation, my ex got engaged. They bought a house was within a month, and I believe, she didn't buy it, my ex did, with the hundreds of thousands of dollars he stole from our account. The SAILIS account says the house was in her name. They split. She moved out. He stayed.......this brings me to the conclusion that it was actually he that owned the house. Due to non-disclosure, and "it was my fiance's house" I need to subpoena. What, and who do I subpoena first, please? I can buy documentation off SAILIS , but with Centrelink pension, don't have the resources to buy documents I'm not sure I need....... would I subpoena the mortgage lender? and what document would I ask for? I believe my ex put up the money and put it in her name to hide. Since they have split, the house was rented and now sold. Is there any additional documentation I could subpoena due to their latter situation that could help me prove it was his, in the final hearing?

rachael75

21 January 2020
What stage are you up to? ....

You have records of transactions?.... Was this before or after separation?
Hi Atticus, Subpoena stage. After Separation. I dont have records..........asking the question on what to subpoena please. Cant waste money I dont have on something that wont show monetary transfers. i.e Should I subpoena Loan Application? Mortgage Deposit slips? How do I find out if they used a broker?

Atticus

6 February 2019
You don't even have records of Hundreds of thousands dollars that existed before separation?