VIC Help with Visitation, Consent Orders and Delayed Court Date?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Fatherintrouble

23 January 2019
My dear Aussie Fathers,

Urgent. Very urgent. Your suggestions or info and mentoring will give me energy.

I am fthe acing biggest injustice in this beautiful continent. I need help and options to take it forward.

Since 3 years, I am crying to see my lovely children. The mother is restricting access and brain washed the children and created fear about the father.

My solicitor made me foo* and to agree with usele** consent orders which requires therapeutic counselling and parenting orders program. And the next court date is almost 8 months later.

Now after 2 months of a waiting period, the therapeutic counselors informed me that my case is not eligible for Parenting Orders program. Sh*me, they did not take any documents from me and did not invited me for any session, but they decided that I am not eligible. Obviously it's because of the mother's one-sided story influence.

Now, what are my options? My next court date is after 7 months from now.

1. Can I cancel the case and start fresh? As it is still Hearing Mention after 7 months?
2. Can I file the amended application in a case to ask for at least supervised visitation, as it's more than 3 years I could not get a chance to see the children.
3. Can I file contravening consent orders (I doubt as the mother's one sided story waive off all legal pro)?

And the biggest bullying is there exist 11 years of intervention order in place which includes children.

Who am I:

No criminal record
No breach or charges since 3 years
A father of 2 lovely children
A foo* to bring a greedy person with an intention to settle in this continent.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
There is too much history to adequately comment if there is 11 years of intervention orders involved in your matter.

What State are you in?
Have you ever used a lawyer? If yes, for what areas (eg property, parenting, IVO)
Can you afford a lawyer, if not, have you used a community legal centre?

Reactions: Louise too

Fatherintrouble

23 January 2019
I am in Victoria. I had 5 lawyers in the last 3 years 3 months. Every one failed and cheated me.

I am looking for a final destination of a lawyer. Or I may decide to stand alone and fight this battle.

Any help is much appreciated.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
I suspect the problem is not with lawyers. 5 is too high a number and suggests the problem lies elsewhere.

You are either not following advice, or your ability to relate and communicate with lawyers is so poor you can't work with any of them.

I don't think I can help you and you should strongly consider seeking counselling and undertake a parenting course.

Reactions: Hanna jaye

Fatherintrouble

23 January 2019
No Rod. One can not judge the book by its cover. One cannot judge the father based on 5 lawyers in 3 years.

What makes any father to stretch so much and still fight for fundamental rights.

What courses? I did all courses. 'Tuning into kids', 'Post Separation Parenting', 'MBCP - assessment'

If the lawyer did not submit the evidence in the court?
If the lawyer escaped after taking all in cash with the name of 'Conflict of interest' just 2 days before the court date?
If the lawyer makes me agree for Father time reserved for 3 court sessions?
If the lawyer could not negotiate even to send books and gifts through ICL?
If the lawyer intentionally drags the case so that he can take all money from Legal aid?
If the lawyer does not know my basic details and fails to defend infront of Hon'ble Judge and force me to drop the case?
If the lawyer them self drop the case because he understands that he cheated me?

If still you recommend any courses I am happy to go for it. Actually I started doing my Advanced certificate in Family Law & Mediation.

Where in my Psychologist thinks that I am a person to be contributed to the society well being. My GP thinks that I am a very positive human being.

What do you feel about the father who was restricted for child access or at least visitation or at least allows the father to give Child Support?

What is the basis for any lawyer to give pricing for Family law children's matter that it would cost anything between 20,000 to 50,000?

When every department and every individual I meet and express my situation agree that cleaning needs to happen in 'Family Law'.

Rod

Lawyer
27 May 2014
It is good you have undertaken courses and self-improvement.

Some of the fault listed above is not the lawyers fault. For example no lawyer can force the ICL to accept books and gifts for sending on to children. It is also not appropriate for the ICL to do so. It seems that you have not grasped the proper roles of people and having 11 years of intervention orders says to me the judges feel as though there is a real concern with your behaviour.

Other points cannot be commented on.

I can certainly understand your frustration with the family law system, but it is still better than many other countries.

Regardless, I cannot help you, and wish you all the best.