Help with DRS Ardent credit services

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

john935

18 September 2019
Good evening guys I’m after a little help please. I’ve posted a few times in the motoring forum and had some great advice from there.

Now the car finance company has instructed debt collectors to try and recover an alleged outstanding balance related to a voluntary termination. This section may be more appropriate for me to ask advice related to the debt side. I just want to know the best way to play things please? Do I have to reply to these guys or Can I comfortably ignore them? Is this just scare tactics or do these guys have any authority?

I currently have reported the finance company to the FOS and is being looked at so as far as I’m concerned until I hear from them no third party should be involved, is that correct?

joddy55

18 September 2019
You should write to these numpties within 30 days telling them the alleged debt is disputed and you don't expect to hear from them again.

Good evening guys I’m after a little help please. I’ve posted a few times in the motoring forum and had some great advice from there.

Now the car finance company has instructed debt collectors to try and recover an alleged outstanding balance related to a voluntary termination. This section may be more appropriate for me to ask advice related to the debt side. I just want to know the best way to play things please? Do I have to reply to these guys or Can I comfortably ignore them? Is this just scare tactics or do these guys have any authority?

I currently have reported the finance company to the FOS and is being looked at so as far as I’m concerned until I hear from them no third party should be involved, is that correct?

Last edited by a moderator: