QLD Help needed for real estate dispute

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shawry14

1 September 2017
I am renting a property which is down as dual living the bedroom. Downstairs flooded and is lower than the ground level which caused it to flood and rot away told the real estate as father in law could not use and sleep in there and asked for a rent decrease as he can't use his bedroom downstairs we have had a couple of late rent but nothing over 7 days as sometimes have to wait for fortnight pay so I let in a dispute to rta for rent decrease as real estate didn't want to come to the party and are now issuing a notice to leave in 7 days unless we withdraw the application to rta I have emails dating back to June that the problem. Would be fixed but now in September and still can't use the bedroom. And have 2 little girls have no where to go and need some help as to what we can do I also have a remedy to breach by 11 sep for 550 but paid 950 on 01 sep bit notice to leave is 10 set please help

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
As difficult as it may be, if part of the house has flooded and starting rotting then you want to be out of there. The health issues that can follow from living in that circumstance are serious.

If you need time, talk to the RTA about their dispute resolution service.