VIC Haven't even moved in and it's already a disaster...

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ruby90

8 February 2020
I move in to my first rental property on Wednesday. I was really excited about this until I realise that the house im moving in to is currently on the market. I was not told about this in any way. The place has been on the market since mid last year, if it's important. Will this affect anything in ANY way????

Also, just realised that my Property Manager can't get numbers right... She has the yearly lease date finishing LAST YEAR. Only realised after I signed the form sadly...

Jacqui Brauman

15 January 2016
Victoria
www.tbalaw.com.au
Hi. Don't worry too much. They will be selling the property as a leased property, not as vacant.
Your lease cannot be ended early unless you agree to end it.
After your year has ended, the landlord can only end your lease after giving you notice. Check out this website: Landlord giving notice to vacate
Email your agent and have them confirm for you in writing what the correct end date of the lease is. You can then print that and keep it with a copy of your lease, and rely on that written confirmation if you have any issues. (This often happens in a new year).