VIC Have not seen my son for 6 months please help!

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jad.Newman

25 July 2020
Hi my name is Jad and I'm a single father to 2 awesome boys. I'll try to put this into the simplest way I can. My first son Jackson is 9 years old and since he was born I have had consent orders which stated I spent time with him every second weekend which had been occurring for the last 8 years. During this period I have always done the right things by doing the best with what I was given from his mother. My son Jackson has been mentally abused i believe with actions from his mother which may seem minimal but over the years it has damaged my son. During last Christmas break I picked my son son up like every other weekend and during pick-up he was acting different and swearing which I asked for him to stop. The following day this continued and I told him off for this. After this when we were walking over to the park my son had run off, and I was so scared someone had taken him. After 30 min of searching and contacting police i recieved a phone call from the police expressing that they had Jackson. From this point I drove straight to the police station, which is 5 minutes up the road. By the time I had arrived I was walking in the door and his mother was also walking into the police station. The thing is that his mum lives 45 minutes away from me and she had arrived with her partner and every single child of hers . I didn't say anything but I found this very strange. Anyway what I would like to say is that since Christmas I haven't been aloud to see my son, I have attempted numerous time with his mother to discuss what had happened and told only that it was my fault and that my son doesn't want to speak to me. When I have gotten the chance to speak to him its clear that he has been pressured to say certain things to me and also been aloud to say terrible thing to his farther whilst his mother is next to him. I have not had a phone call from my son or anything in half a year. I need help with what I should do as for I believe this is a form of child abuse. I still have my orders in place and his mother has just broken them continuesly when she is not aloud. Please help

Atticus

6 February 2019
I still have my orders in place and his mother has just broken them continuesly when she is not aloud.
You will need to make a contravention application to the court .... You can attempt to DIY, but in your case I recommend you see a lawyer for opinion/advice... You should be bale to find one that will offer an initial free consult... Take your orders...

If you genuinely have concerns for the boys psychological well-being, then consider calling child services... They should look into it

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Sounds like you're implying that since the mother lives 45 minutes away and couldn't have been there that quickly unless she actually orchestrated the whole thing... The more information you can gather, the more persuasive it might sound. Do you know where you son ran after he disappeared? Who found him? How did he get to the police station? Does that person who found him have any connection to the mother? etc. Like Atticus said, file a contravention...

Jad.Newman

25 July 2020
Can i ask am I legally aloud to ask the police for the details of the person who brought Jackson to the police station?