QLD Harassment - How to Gather Evidence for Magistrates Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Xavier

30 January 2017
Myself and two friends are being continually distracted, insulted and harassed by another student. I was wondering the costs and how to gather evidence to put to the Magistrates Court. I know due to the 2007 Surveillance Act that recording conversations without consent is illegal.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Xavier,

You can find a list of Magistrate court fees at this site: Magistrates Court fees | Queensland Courts

Gather emails, SMS' and any other physical evidence and then you can gather written statements from you and your friends. In your statements try to leave out the emotion and stick to the facts.

To be clear I'm not sure distraction is something you can take to a magistrate or there could be a large number of guys with a case against any number of young ladies. But the insults and harassment should be able to be addressed. Let us know how you go.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If it is happening at school, report it to the school first. The school becomes another record source.

Reactions: Lance