Harassment and Unfair Dismissal

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

mmmm

19 March 2018
While I was on sick leave for stress I was bullied/harassed by my employer which made my condition worse and was told by my doctor I could not return to the job and he wrote a capacity for work certificate stating I was unable to work for 3-12 months. The bullying escalated further and allegations were made against my professional integrity, which I followed up and have texts to prove they were false. I put in a workers comp claim and an unfair dismissal. My question is ...the w/c and unfair dismissal cover the bullying but my employer has refused to pay my termination pay and there is issue of underpayment of wages also...do I have to then lodge another claim for this issue.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
this is a tricky situation and I don't know if anyone can give advise on how to deal with this, your best bet is to invest with a lawyer (in Employment matters), it will be worth the few hundred dollars investment in a consultation, as bulling/harassing charges are hard.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You likely have a claim against the employer. As it involves a termination you must move quickly (<21 days). See a lawyer asap.