Gumtree seller did not send item

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ezzam

17 January 2018
Hi,
Yesterday afternoon I purchased an item off Gumtree (2 pdf concert tickets for $160) and transferred the money to the account the seller provided me with.
The seller said they would do a name transfer (unsure what they meant) when they got back from work that night, and that they would email the tickets to the email I provided either late that night or early this morning. It is now the afternoon and I have contacted the person again via Gumtree and have heard nothing from them, so I am starting to get concerned.
In the event that this person scammed me and never contacts me again or sends the tickets, what action should I take to get my money back?
I have the persons bank details, the name they provided, the link to their Gumtree account, and proof of our conversation.
Thank you

Clancy

6 April 2016
There is allot of ticketing fraud going around. They usually rely on people being scared to report it because they afraid they committed some offense by buying the tickets unofficially.
Report them anyway!