WA Grant of Probate Application - Waiting for 6 Months Now?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Piotr Dudek

27 August 2017
Hello,

I want to ask, if there is nearly 6 months since the application for the Grant of Probate and the Grant has not been issued yet, what can be a reason? Some problems with the Will? Property documents?

I need to point that Public Trustee is the executor of the will and they have made the application of course.

Piotr Dudek

27 August 2017
I'm sorry, but no one knows the possible answer to this situation? Is it more likely that there is some problem with the will or just some "administration" delay?

It's almost a moth and still nothing.

Arche

20 March 2015
Six months is a long time. Do you know for sure the application has been lodged?

You need to contact the Public Trustee if you want to know what is happening in this case. Or the Court if they will tell you.

Piotr Dudek

27 August 2017
I'm sure it was. Public Trustee won't tell me because I am not named in the will, and Supreme Court informs me about Probate status - whether it has been granted or not, nothing about why there is such a delay.

Why I'm in doubt is because it is done by Public Trustee - they know their stuff, they have prepared application for over a year (!), so I assume they have all necesessary documents. That's why it looks like will issue to me.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
If you are neither Executor nor beneficiary,
then to what extent is it any of your business?

Piotr Dudek

27 August 2017
I am a family member, one of the very few alive and I would like to know what is written in the will, despite the fact I'm not named a beneficiary (still I can be a party in estate sharing, if there is statement that all other estate is to be divided by family members, if I understand correctly). It's pretty obvious, yet in australian law it is impossible to do so in a normal way (I am not a citizen of Australia btw) - I have to applicate for the will by Probate archive, which can be done by any person, not even a kin. But it doesn't matter here (this case is a little bit complicated) - all I need to know is if there is bigger chance that such a long delay mean will issue or just a standard administration hesitation. If there is anyone who can help or advise something in this matter, I would be grateful.