VIC Grandparent Breached Supervised Custody of Children Order

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Debrab72

1 January 2017
I want to see my grandkids but I breached a supervised custody of children order due to family violence.

sammy01

27 September 2015
More info is needed for anyone to give any opinions. What is it you want to know?

Keys90

1 January 2017
My father had dementia. My eldest brother comitted suicide 6 months later. My other brother stopped communicating with us so it's been myself and my 3 children helping my parents. My mum was terrified of my brother, so in her will, eventually my mum suggested she sell her house as she made a large gain.

She decided to let me choose the house. That way, she would be happy seeing what I would spend with my inheritance. We got a 50-square house on 5 acres. Plenty of privacy for my parents and my family. We moved in and things went downhill from there. My mother wanted to go to shops eveyday and started acting strange, accusing us of stealing money, etc

She got sick and ended up in secure ward, then I was told what I had suspected - she's got early dementia. Things kept getting worse. The next thing, I bump into my long lost brother in the hallway. He informed me my mum had revoked my enduring power of attorney.

Okay next she gets in touch with her lawyer asking him to ring the police because she was scared and wanted us out. The police end up putting a family violence with no admittance on my partner and myself.

Next my father has a fall and dies. 11 days later my mum, starts with her phone calls, this time the funeral parlour saying she was scared of us and could they ring the police? This time the police came and put my mum in secure ward again.

Well by this time, I'm nearly loosing it myself after driving my mum back and forward to see my dad for 11 days I had to plan his funneral. The police did not contact me once and before l knew it or was the day of the funeral, the police brought my mum home. She went in the funeral car by herself while I was late.

My brother and his wife somehow tricked my mum into thinking they would help her. I was told this by someone who heard them talking. My mum's delusions had gotted worse. I have not seen my mum since then and my brother won't tell me where she is.

He said her solicitor is her power of attorney. He won't talk to me. My brother sent armed gaurds and 2 removalist to the house they took the car my mum can't drive. It's a 2916 Mazda 3. She said it stalled or overheated so I'm the only one who drove the car. I'm on her insurance as 2nd driver now.

My brother is calling me a dirty squatter and told me to get out of her house. I told him it was brought for me. I do not trust my brother as I know for a fact he only wants her money. At first he messaged me asking me how much money she had and would I work with him.

Now he has her and he has turned. I can't afford a family solicitor. I don't know what to do. The police won't tell me anything. I rang public advocate and no one will help, so please tell me what I can do?

I have great concern for my mother

Debrab72

1 January 2017
more info needed for anyone to give any advice. What is it you want to know??
I need to know if I am allowed access to them. Losing my grandson out of my care had ruined my mental health and every aspect of my life.

I need help please.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok, so you've been ordered to only be allowed to see the kids with supervision? And this is becaue of allegations of DV? Do exactly as the courts have told you. Do not dare think that doing anything else is a good idea.

Debrab72

1 January 2017
No, I haven't been able to see them at all. If he goes in to permanent care,

1. Does DHS still have powers?

And

2. I know the carer, can she refuse me seeing him also?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Look, you're gonna need to give some more info in order to get accurate info here

Debrab72

1 January 2017
My ex-partner tried to kill me one night. DHS found out and told me to put an IVO on him and I will get my grandson back . I did and I never got him back.

I breached the SCO and haven't seen him. I want to know if a permanent carer has been given who I know can stop me from seeing him. And does DHS still have control over that area even if in permanent care?

MartyK

4 June 2016
The supervision order is in place for the protection of the child. If you have breached it, as you say you have, then you are obviously not placing the child's needs ahead of your own. Has this matter been before the Children's Court?