SA Government Hospital Negligence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

squirrel333

22 August 2014
Prior to Christmas I suffered a massive Heart Attack on the way home from work.
I was rushed into emergency surgery and had several stints inserted which made me feel a lot better.

I was in hospital for a few days when they sent me home. Several days later the hospital called me to advise that I needed to have a heart bypass otherwise I would be at high risk of having another heart attack. Two weeks later I went back in for open heart surgery.

I was in ICU for a few days after surgery and then transferred into my own room outside of ICU.
I was in for another 5 days before I was discharged.
From the day I got home I was passing out and waking up on various placed with blood spurting out of me.
Every time this occurred (seven) I was taken to hospital in an Ambulance and taken to various hospitals in Adelaide.
At no time were any tests conduced, they simply stopped the bleeding and discharged me.

I went to see my GP and she got some chest x-ray's and it was found I had pneumonia. It took seven weeks to clear up the pneumonia and over seven weeks of coughing and collapsing on the floor this caused healing issues of my sternum where it has healed incorrectly.

Everyday that I was in Hospital they took a chest x-ray why did they not see that I had pneumonia?
This has stopped me from working and as I have exhausted all my Sick and Holiday pay.
I have just about used up all my emergency savings and will struggle to pay for needed medication.

Centrelink will not help me, can I take action against the hospital?