WA Girlfriends claim for financial security

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Clancy11

26 May 2021
Hello. My now ex-girlfriend and I lived together on and off for three years around six years ago. We both owned our own houses but lived in mine which I financially maintained.
In the years since we have had an on and off girlfriend/boyfriend relationship, lived in our own houses and own nothing in common. In all this time she has been insistent around getting married but I have never entertained the idea.
I have now moved on but she is claiming that she gave me the best years of her life and I owe her financial security. She is also getting highly irrational and threatening legal action against me.
Logic tells me that she hasn't got any claim over my considerable assets but I am looking for reassurance or direction.
Thank you!

sammy01

27 September 2015
Logic is right. She's got nothing.
What to do? Nothing. Change the locks, block her phone number and ignore any corespondence via social media. One more thing - be grateful you didn't have a child with her.