Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Refusal (University Stage)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

tajwarrr

26 April 2022
As an international applicant who is interested to study in Australia. Currently, I have applied to a few universities two of which my Offer Letter was withdrawn because of a GTE Refusal in the interview stage.

To get the Offer to study I had to send Financial Documents, Statements of purpose, and Immigration history. Both the universities had initially cleared me after assessing my documents (which were all satisfactory and met the requirements) but they rejected me in the interview stage. The suspected reasons being I have 2 prior visa refusals.

1. In 2019 US B1/B2 visa refusal (the stated reason for this refusal was under "Section 214(b)" which is very generic and the embassy at that time did not issue me a direct letter addressing my application number or name.

2. In 2020 I applied for a Canadian Study permit and due to my negligence at that time I didn't mention my prior US visa refusal, hence under section 16(1) and followed by generic reasons that application too was rejected.

Therefore my current case is complicated and I am asking for help from a legal perspective to have a better outcome to meet the GTE requirements.

Best Regards

Attachments

• CAN refusal.JPG
    CAN refusal.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 1
  • USA-Rejection Letter-1.pdf
    362 KB · Views: 0

hazel_edward

2 October 2022
Australia
www.atlantisvisas.com.au
A student visa applicant who has a genuine intention to enter and stay in Australia temporarily, despite the possibility that this intention may later change to an intention to stay in Australia for an extended period of time or permanently, must submit a genuine temporary entrant statement. Given the applicant's circumstances, immigration history, and any other relevant information, the decision maker must be satisfied that the applicant genuinely intends to stay in Australia for a limited time. An applicant who tries to persuade the decision maker that they are a genuine temporary entrant will not be granted a student visa, and the visa will be refused.

Note:

The requirement that secondary applicants for a student visa genuinely intend a temporary stay in Australia must also be met.

A student guardian visa applicant must also persuade the decision-maker that they genuinely intend a short stay in Australia.

Other Relevant Maters for GTE

The applicant's eligibility for admission and stay as a student is further evaluated when the "GTE" and "intention to comply with visa restrictions" criteria are met, taking into account the all-encompassing criterion of "any other relevant matter." According to "any other relevant matter," the applicant must be a legitimate candidate for admission and continued enrollment as a student. There won't typically be any additional issues pertinent to the student's unique situation.

This standard is intended to cover issues including whether a school student's (under-16-year-old) study schedule is adequate:

If a school student sought to pursue studies that were unrelated to their coursework while of an age at which school attendance is required in Australia, such a student would often be judged to have an improper study plan.

If, for instance, a student under the age of 16 wants to pursue studies outside the school system (such as an ELICOS, non-award course), and no proof has been offered that they intend to continue with school studies in Australia, their visa may be denied under the heading of "any other relevant matter."

Your GTE should be based on the reasons for the extension of the course's initial term if you are seeking a student visa extension to finish the same course for which you were granted the visa.

Read More: https://www.atlantisvisas.com.au/blog/gte-for-international-students-australia