VIC French Visa Application - What Counts as Proof of Residence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

chuckschultz

18 May 2016
Hi,

I have a friend who'll be going on exchange in France in a few months and since I spent an exchange semester there the year before, she asked me what kind of documents are needed for the 'Proof of Residence' section of visa application. Since I don't recall having to submit anything for this bit of the application, I couldn't exactly help her with this question. However, I had suggested to probably attach a copy of her drivers licence / learner's permit and a copy of one of her electricity/water/phone bill under her name and address in Australia. Would this be enough? What exactly constitutes as proof of residence in this case?

This is what's written under the 'Proof of Residence' section of the French visa application process for Australians going on exchange:

"Applicants must provide evidence that they have their legal residence in Australia/PNG since 3 months or more and that their residency will be valid for at least 3 months upon their return to Australia/PNG."

(Mind you, you can't exactly contact the French Consulate on visa matters)

Any help and/or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!! :)

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Electoral Enrolment perhaps?
Bank Statements?

Why doesn't she ask at the consulate?

chuckschultz

18 May 2016
Electoral Enrolment perhaps?
Bank Statements?

Why doesn't she ask at the consulate?
The thing is you can't. I tried contacting the consulate myself via phone and email and they said they are not allowed to give any advice and stuff regarding visas because all the info is apparently on the website which is pretty annoying. But thanks all the same, Tim!