NSW fraud ( showing fake transfer money transaction)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

roman

9 June 2018
hi, i am a student in australia. my friend had asked me for money but i denied the request. but later he said his card is broken and asked me to do cardless cash. so i gave him my account details and he send me a transaction of sending me 500$ but i did cardless cash of 200$ and said will send other once i get the transfer. since he transfered from a different bank so i thought i would get it by next day. but its been 3 days and havent got the transfer. i only got his name and contact num. dont know about his address but i know where he is studying. and now he doesn't answer my calls and mesage. is there i can do anything legally or get help from anyone in australia legally.?????

sammy01

27 September 2015
I think you've been stitched up... Sorry, but because you transferred the $ volunatrily it isn't theft..

roman

9 June 2018
I think you've been stitched up... Sorry, but because you transferred the $ volunatrily it isn't theft..

Did you read it properly... He made the transfer to me of 500$ because his card got broken he said.. And ask me to do cardless cash for him. . Since he gave me the screenshot of the transaction of money being sent, i did 200$ cardless not full amount.... I did because he showed me a sucessfull payment to my account... It was from different bank so takes 1 to 2 days but its been more n i havent got it