NSW Fraud from Employer - What to Do Under Criminal Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hope@life

29 July 2016
I am new to Australia NSW and I was looking for work. On 31 May 2016, I put my name and contact on a radio station then I received a call from a lady. She said that she got my number from the radio and she has work in delivery for me, but she needs me to work on trial first with my car. Then she promised to give me a van and work for their company.

I did seven orders for her then I started to ask to see her to make an interview. She said that I was sick. I told my friend and he said we will go to the police to report. But before we go to them, they came to my house and they arrested me and searched the house. Then I told them all the story. They release me without taking fingerprints and I helped them in their investigation, then they monitored my phone and her phone and they told me, "thank you; don't speak to her anymore".

What is next under criminal law? I am very confused and stress. I am innocent. I don't know the didn't pay for the delivery.

Pleeeeease help. What do I do now?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do nothing. Move on with your life. The police appear to believe you are innocent of any wrongdoing :)

Reactions: Hope@life

Hope@life

29 July 2016
Thank you very much for reply Mr Rod,

I hope it will have no bad consequences on me. Is there a possibility when they catch those bad people then I will be called to court.?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Yes, possibly as a witness.

Reactions: Hope@life