Forgery documents - assistance from lawyer required

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jermy

30 March 2015
Hi all,
Without going into the specifics as not to be known by other parties, I came across a teacher who is assisting students pass their exams to get their qualifications by asking others to copy and complete their exam papers, I was one of those who were asked to fill in or complete the exam papers of other students. In exchange I would get paid. I was not aware at the start of this, once I looked at the exam papers, I identified the issue. I entered this without the knowledge but I found out after I read the papers.

Now the issue, is I want to report this teacher, but I am worried that I am involved and that I would be criminally charged. I like if there is any solicitor/lawyer reading this will be able to give me advice on this. I am planning to go ahead and complete the papers that person gave me to have sufficient evidence, I will take photocopy of the exam papers and the answers provided to me.

The point I am thinking, if I go ahead and participate with this, in order to obtain the evidence and report before the students get the award or qualification, will I be considered criminally involved? or that would be taken into consideration that I had to do this to obtain the evidence? second point, If I report this person, could I be kept unknown or anonymous thought the process providing the evidence is very good in identifying the person and the work involved?

Other point I should be thinking about is the students who have paid money to get these qualifications, if I am known, I have created enemies. This is the most important aspect of it.

That is why I like the advice from a lawyer or solicitor who dealt with similar situation, I am happy to call/contact directly to give more details

thanks for your assistance.