VIC Forfeited TimeShare

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Suzl

6 September 2021
Hello,
I purchased into a Timeshare Resort approx 30 years ago (Costed back then 10K) and have not received any correspondence in all those years and thought it no longer existed. (Address has not changed)
I came across a letter from the Financial Services confirming my account is finalised and attached the Certificate of Title dated 1992. I have made contact with the resort who has had a name change since originally purchased and who confirmed I was in their system but with no contact details. They have now been updated. The resort confirmed my timeshare week was forfeited in 1999 probably of unpaid fees. I asked what my options are now and they offered me a copy of their current share offer if I am interested in becoming a member again and could purchase another share. I have not used this or are now interested as my situation has changed.
How do I confirm if I own that lot of land in the registered cluster? Do I sell it and how? Am I resolved of this by it being forfeited or will it bite me if I do nothing?
I am unsure what to do now.
Thank you in advance