TAS Financial Declaration

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy_lost

1 November 2016
Hello,

My ex-Partner was employed overseas for 10 years before moving to Australia. For financial settlement, I have been asked all my account statements, property papers and super funds etc which I have submitted but she has not disclosed or even willing to talk about the her accounts abroad. I know that she has decent money and have some transactions that can prove she has accounts overseas.

with some of my statements, can I obscure any transaction d scription because it's something personal like my address or work address. Due past incidents I dont want her to know where i live.

pease advice?

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
Hello,

My ex-Partner was employed overseas for 10 years before moving to Australia. For financial settlement, I have been asked all my account statements, property papers and super funds etc which I have submitted but she has not disclosed or even willing to talk about the her accounts abroad. I know that she has decent money and have some transactions that can prove she has accounts overseas.

with some of my statements, can I obscure any transaction d scription because it's something personal like my address or work address. Due past incidents I dont want her to know where i live.

pease advice?

In regards to obscuring transaction descriptions, I blacked out any suburbs of the areas I shopped in or stores such as my local fruit and veg shop and the real estate agent I pay my rent to and also the name of my employer. Note that I have a FVIO against my ex.

sammy_lost

1 November 2016
Thanks Samantha!

I dont have an IVO against her but was close to getting one.

End of the day lawyer is concerned about getting numbers right and not where I spent money from my card.