Final orders over 12 months ago and claims for costs against me

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anthony Murray

10 April 2018
Hi,
I'm in a situation whereby Final Orders have been made in the Federal Circuit Court around mid 2018. The ex has had a pattern of every few months threatening legal action and says that a claim has been filled with the Magistrates court for legal costs on this closed matter.

Can this be done?

The timing is wrong to me, there is future mediation coming up over a disagreement about the final orders. This threat seems to be nothing more than an attempt to coerce the outcome of the mediation.

Having spent $100K+ over 4 years, finances and energy are depleted.

Thanks, Anthony

Atticus

6 February 2019
Both the Federal Circuit Court & Family law rules allow 28 days from the handing down of a final order for a party to make a costs application.... Can't see how a magistrates court would accept a costs application regarding a FCCoA case at any time.

Reactions: Anthony Murray

Anthony Murray

10 April 2018
Both the Federal Circuit Court & Family law rules allow 28 days from the handing down of a final order for a party to make a costs application.... Can't see how a magistrates court would accept a costs application regarding a FCCoA case at any time.
Hi, Thank you so much. It's a bullying tactic from them and I'll let them know

Cheers, Anthony