QLD Final Orders by consent at Trial.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

ProudFather

14 May 2017
Hi all,

At the final hearing an agreement on final orders was reached between the parties at the suggestion and guidance of the judge. A date was set by the judge two weeks later to allow counsel to write up the orders which was then bought in front of the judge at the date which was set. The drafts were signed by all parties and the judge agreed to make the orders. My question is that are the orders binding and to be commenced from that date or when they are stamped and served?. Thank you in advance.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
They apply from when the judge seals the orders, that is, on the day he reads and approved the consent order.

If one of you isn't following them right now, though, I would just wait until you have the sealed copy in your hands. Filing for contravention orders straight away opens you up for a costs order against you.

Reactions: Migz

ProudFather

14 May 2017
They apply from when the judge seals the orders, that is, on the day he reads and approved the consent order.

If one of you isn't following them right now, though, I would just wait until you have the sealed copy in your hands. Filing for contravention orders straight away opens you up for a costs order against you.
Thank you!.