VIC Filing Leave of Magistrates Court for Extended Litigant Restraint Order?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shadz

6 September 2016
Hi all,

I would like to get some help on how/when to apply for leave of the magistrates court? To file against the other party for an Extended Litigant Restraint Order in regards to repeated falsified IVO's and other matters made against me by this same party.

Any information re. prospective costs of applying/filing etc. would be appreciated too.

I am still trying to find the necessary funds to hire a lawyer for this latest matter as my savings have been exhausted fighting the previous ones, all of which were struck out/dismissed/withdrawn.

Victorian Legal Aid states they will not fund it despite the fact I qualify via means test etc. as there is no 'physical' element to the IVO - I live 2 states away in QLD.

I can provide the details to demonstrate the validity of applying for the extended litigant restraint order if need be later on tonight/tomorrow once children are asleep/at school.

Whilst I will be trying to find time during business hours to find this information out from either the courts or legal aid (and a lawyer when I can eventually afford one) I would like to get a jump on things.

Any help is greatly appreciated.