QLD Father a Drug Addict, need advice please help.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

bowiemily

13 May 2017
I'm going to try my hardest to shorten this as much as possible. Myself and my ex spilt up about two years ago. We were splitting custody for some time of our three year old son, I have had to relocate about an hour and half away for better work opportunities to better our sons financial and schooling future.
Since I have moved, I have seen our son as much as I can on weekends and when I am not working.
Recently, I have become extremely uneasy about the care being provided to our son for the following reasons.
- dad lives with his mother, he's 36 and is unemployed.
- he is a routine drug user (also on paper with convictions)
- his mother smokes in said shed with all the doors closed and there is no ventilation
- domestic violence is an on going issue in their family
- our sons behaviour, cleanliness and overall health has progressively declined.

There is no parenting order, no court order.

I want to get him out of this horrible living situation. I feel strongly as though I am well within my rights to do this with all the very real things happening in this shed.

Advice and thoughts needed and appreciated

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
If you want to fix this, have parenting orders put in place and regain some control.