WA Issues with Family Law Court - Can I Take Action?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

patrick shea

17 July 2018
I have been in the family law court for 14 years. In this time, the respondent mother has continually made false and misleading accusations regarding violence and abuse. This has been a premeditated act to ruin my life and although I have presented the court with evidence to refute these allegations, they see me as the culprit.

This has cost me well over $200000.00 in legal fees. So how can I get justice?

I have all the transcripts and evidence to prove this has been a premeditated act, yet continually fail because I am a male.c

Can I take action against the state or the government as they are the administrators of the justice system?

I would like someone to look at the files and see if I can get justice and close this. I regret the day I applied to the family law court seeking help to get contact with my son. This is about principle and justice now.

nat 2015

8 February 2017
I am sorry you are going through this. I personally don't know, but you will find on here a lot of helpful people who offer good opinions.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Mate, you are not the first to come up with tin foil hatted ideas and notions like this, and you wont be the last. There is a while trail of disgruntled males and females who say the big conspiracy word simply because things do not go their way. Men even have special groups for people who like to shout it from the rooftops and waste their life (ABF)

1: How do you stay in court for 14 years? Its impossible. Average case = 2 years or so and then you have RIce Asplund which limits your cases to, i would say.. three possible (if that) four MAX in 14 years

2: I am assuming you have not got what you wanted each time, this does not mean there is some huge conspiracy against males

3: WIthout further details it is very hard to see multiple posts on the same thing from a new member and not to think crackpot

4:I dont know what kind of justice you are seeking but, lets be frank, you wont get it.. ever. You are wasting your life even trying. Justice is a word that encompasses many things, not just what you think Is justice.

5: Contacting government agencies is a waste of time. If judges made errors of law, then apples on those errors. The normal rules of evidence do not apply in family law cases. No one in any government department is going to give a toss, and never will

6: No one will buy the book

As I have said, you are not the first person to carp on about what you are going on about and losing cases does not make your theories real or true.

Happy to be proved wrong of course but my betting wallet is out again...

How about you help us out by actually explaining 14 years of court in a few sensible paragraphs?

Reactions: Cairns123

happily dazed

18 May 2017
Gold Coast QLD

Not bad thatbloke,

I think you've pretty well wrapped that one up, rather conclusively !

On a level I actually found myself looking for grammar and spelling errors, in your comment. There's not a lot left that could be added to it !

( I can't really fault you on that front either :))

Any chance your keen to write a response, an affidavit, and a submission or two for me ?

:)

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Not bad thatbloke,

I think you've pretty well wrapped that one up, rather conclusively !

On a level I actually found myself looking for grammah and spelling errors, in your comment. There's not a lot left that could be added to it !

( I can't really fault you on that front either :)

Any chance your keen to write a response, an affidavit, and a submission or two for me ?

:)
The odd typo is better than being odd and typing :) ....There is also a 10 minute limit on editing posts and unfortunately i do not have the luxury of being able to be on this particular website all day.

Maybe it is a big conspiracy of keyboards trying to make me look stupid by spelling because I do try to correct typos? And no to the other question, not legally qualified and therefore I cannot create documents from scratch.

sammy01

27 September 2015
You can't get justice. What exactly does justice look like?

14 yrs in the system? Yep believable... So you got family court orders, ex kept breaking them, but not enough to warrant anything much more than a slap on the wrist...

Mate I think your gripe ain't with the system... Sure it isn't a great system, but it is all we've got... Your gripe is with the ex who refused to follow court orders, I reckon? Justice? The just thing would be you having the relationship with the kids, but if you've been in and out of the system for 14 yrs, I'm thinking they're all grown up...

I feel for you and I hope you find peace, but you won't find any justice in family law

happily dazed

18 May 2017
Gold Coast QLD
The odd typo is better than being odd and typing :) ....There is also a 10 minute limit on editing posts and unfortunately i do not have the luxury of being able to be on this particular website all day. .. Maybe it is a big conspiracy of keyboards trying to make me look stupid by spelling because i do try to correct typos? and no to the other question, not legally qualified and therefore i cannot create documents from scratch

Who knows, clearly something sinister is at play.

We could initiate a 14 year class action to try and get to the bottom of it, or there's my preferred option, just leave it be.

If you change your mind about knocking up a few docs for me, give me a buzz,

Ironically, I have a sinking feeling I may well be in the early stages of a 14 year battle myself, literally.

My youngest daughter is 4y/o (14 years off being 18y/o). MrsX is going to extremes to deny access, to the tune of 12 current court proceedings in 3 court jurisdictions :)

There is nothing at all suggesting she intends on letting up any time soon.

I reckon I could keep every man, woman or other involved with this forum busy for a good while :)

Would at very least be an ideal situation for any budding legal eagles wanting experience in almost every type of legal situation imaginable :)

I drive cranes !!