NSW Family Law - How to Keeping Child Away Court Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Stevie_Beavie

6 February 2017
I have my court hearing next week for an AVO against me and my wife is concerned that because her 7-year-old son will be on holidays with his father at the time that they will more then likely bring him to court with them. I can't find much information regarding children and court except on the family court website about court not being a suitable place for children.

Is there a law or act I can look at concerning this type of scenario?

What steps should we take to ensure my stepson isn't subjected to the things he would likely hear in the court room? Will the police ask the carers to remove him if they front up with him? Should we maybe alert the local police to our concerns before the hearing?

Any relevant information, especially if it comes from an official source that we can use to alert this family to laws surrounding children in court, would be helpful.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd go to the local court house and have a chat to the clerical / admin staff. I think you'll find they wont let a 7year old into the court house..