QLD Family Law - How Long Can Interim Orders Document be?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Hi All,

Quick family law question, how long can the "Interim Orders sought" document be?

Cheers

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Depends what you're after in interim orders, really.

Migz

20 November 2016
Well, considering I don't know when the next court date will be after the interim court date next week, I was just going to cut and past the Final Court Orders into the Interim Court Orders. But the Final is quite lengthy, running at about 3 pages at the moment. Yet in saying that, I don't want to me seen as "ticking off" the Judge either.

Cheers

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
In my case, the interim orders were exact to the final orders. Of course, on court day only a few were suddenly given to me, of which two things I did not agree to. The judge spoke to both of us for maybe a minute or two.. orders made in my favour.

I would suggest keeping intern orders simple - maybe three main points your desperate for: time, phone calls and ...?

Good luck

Migz

20 November 2016
Thanks guys for the info. I know I'm running out of time and have also resubmitted "amended final orders" but I need to call the courts portal people tomorrow to find out where to submit amended interim orders. And just use the key points for interim orders as you suggest thefactsonly

Cheers

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
I would have thought to just submit it to same portal area...but I'm no expert. Heck, I've heard of people not filing anything and not having issues. Guess it depends on case/judge/how far along etc. Are you family court if its Federal Circuit Court? City or suburb?

Definitely think go with very simple easy intern orders asking for things you really really want - be prepared to give a little but if you know the truth of a matter then stick to it. Repeat yourself if necessary. I might have just had a good judge this week but he really helped the situation.

Oh and if self representing - keep your cool. And dress the part :)