NSW Family Law - Help with Recovery of Daughter?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jraine

16 June 2017
I've rung so many different places.

We usually have a 50/50 care arrangement (not court ordered). Since I've sent her back, they rarely answer my calls. They won't let me talk to her. Told me I won't see her again.

I don't do drugs and I provide the very best for my baby. He does do drugs. And so does his girlfriend. She is also pregnant with another child.

I'm worried about my daughter and I miss her. I'm falling apart without her and I need her home.

Someone please help me with family law.

Sorry forgot to add that we do live in different states. 4 hours from each other.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Jraine,

You can apply for recovery orders without having orders already in place. You need to apply for interim orders but they will probably want you to go to mediation unless you have evidence of a history of domestic violence or something like that. In which case you might be able to get orders through the court without mediation.

I would be looking at getting some legal advice, they could walk you through a way forward. Regardless you need to make moves to have enforceable orders in place.

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
You need to make a move to get formal orders in place and you should move as fast as you can. Application made on an urgent basis are exempt from mediation.

Find a solicitor who can act fast for you.