NSW Family Law - Dealing with an Abusive Ex?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Isolated35

28 June 2017
In short my ex destroyed my life with lies and manipulation to the point where I had to leave my career and life I had built before she used the legal system to destroy me (S.A legal system offered no protection). I left the state and everything behind and moved back to the small country town i grew up in.

Since making that move I have been trying to get my life back together after years of mental and physical abuse from her. I have not been able to find work out here or get anywhere financially for the last year and now I'm about to lose my house.

After losing everything and having no other option but to move to isolation, this is the last straw for me. I need legal help, because of her I had to move here away from industry I had built my career on. I am a male so I know that legally I'm prob screwed but for my family. I need to ask. I am ready to become another statistic.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Talk to mensline asap. Your problems are part legal, part non-legal.

What is your legal question?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
First, please call Mensline. I cannot stress enough how critical it is that you arm yourself with a support network. You are important.

For the legal side of the thing, what's the details of your current connection to your ex? Do you have children together? Shared property?

Reactions: Corinne

Isolated35

28 June 2017
Tha

Thanks Rod will do
First, please call Mensline. I cannot stress enough how critical it is that you arm yourself with a support network. You are important.

For the legal side of the thing, what's the details of your current connection to your ex? Do you have children together? Shared property?
Have severed all connections, no children, property, etc. Her only role in this is the mental and financial damage she done and forcing me out of the city where my life and income was. Loss of income

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Unfortunately, there isn't any real legal recourse for the kind of harm you have suffered, but honestly, no property or children together is good news because it means you can sever ties, avoid the extra stress of Court, and focus on the thing that is most important above all others: yourself.

Isolated35

28 June 2017
Unfortunately, there isn't any real legal recourse for the kind of harm you have suffered, but honestly, no property or children together is good news because it means you can sever ties, avoid the extra stress of Court, and focus on the thing that is most important above all others: yourself.
Thanks AllforHer