QLD Family Law - Advice Limit for Duty Lawyers?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Hello

Is there a limit to the number of times you can access the duty lawyer?

I mean on different days, so for the first time there, then all the subsequent hearings, etc.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Not to my knowledge.

Blessing

20 April 2017
Sydney NSW
from Legal Aid QLD website

Please note

• It is very important that you bring your court documents with you when you attend court. If you fail to bring your court documents, any assistance provided by a family law duty lawyer will be limited.
  • Assistance by family law duty lawyers will normally be provided on one occasion only during the course of proceedings.

Migz

20 November 2016
I can honestly say the "duty lawyers" have represented my ex on 3 of the previous hearings.... and what is worse is to find out that at 2 of the hearings there was never a second "duty lawyer" available to represent myself... which after talking to a police prosecutor "friend" in another state told me that that was against the law itself... there should always be two "duty lawyers" available for Family court matters... once again proving that the legal system in Queensland is a complete joke...