QLD Family Court - What is Compliance Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Junior

13 November 2014
In a brief explanation, what is Compliance Hearing in Family Court of Australia? Does this mean It's the end of supervised visit that only last for 4 months?

Reactions: Louise4007

Louise4007

8 November 2015
SA
Hi Junior

A compliance hearing generally seeks to ascertain or determine whether a person is complying with court orders in regards to parenting.

When a party has not complied with an order made by the court, the other party may -
  • seek legal advice in regard to the alleged non compliance
  • seek to attend family dispute resolution, or
  • apply to the courts to enforce or vary the order
Both parties have legal rights & responsibilities in this regard. It would be wise to consult a lawyer to discuss the more specific circumstances that might apply to such a case, taking into consideration all relevant personal circumstances

Reactions: Junior

Junior

13 November 2014
Many thanks @ Louise4007

Before the compliance hearing the court ordered both Amended Initiating Application/Response to Application, updated Family Report, Disclosures, Affidavits and Subpoenas. After that case information a trial case information must be serve.

How can I stop a trial?

Louise4007

8 November 2015
SA
Usually when a family law matter reaches court it is the only way to resolve a dispute, however it is still possible to stop further court proceedings by attempting, if at all possible, to reach an agreement with the applicant initiating proceedings.

Court orders are legally binding in all circumstances so if the matter further proceeds to court without without any attempt to resolve the dispute, both parties will be bound by the orders made.

Likewise in terms of being legally bound, an expert in QLD family law (if that is where the matter is being heard) should be contacted to act on your behalf. He/she will be able to formally draft the legally binding documents required to achieve the most favourable outcome.

Disclaimer
Information provided is not intended to be professional or expert advice & should not be used as a basis for financial, legal or other decisions or the formation of a client/professional relationship of any kind between the correspondents. Accountability & responsibility is on the reader/user of this information in making any financial, legal or other decisions based on it's content.

Reactions: Junior

Junior

13 November 2014
Thanks @ Louise4007

Sad to say, there's an ICL involved and it's under the Magellan Programs. It's so complex, I could not handle this matter anymore. I have been representing myself for over a year now after I was suspended from work without pay. Luckily, I won my serious matter last year that gives me the opportunity to be reinstated from my previous job. If your are interesting to read my family law matter, please read back and go to thread: Interpretation of Family Orders - Magellan Case. Many thanks.

Louise4007

8 November 2015
SA
Thanks @ Louise4007

Sad to say, there's an ICL involved and it's under the Magellan Programs. It's so complex, I could not handle this matter anymore. I have been representing myself for over a year now after I was suspended from work without pay. Luckily, I won my serious matter last year that gives me the opportunity to be reinstated from my previous job. If your are interesting to read my family law matter, please read back and go to thread: Interpretation of Family Orders - Magellan Case. Many thanks.
Thanks junior .. congrats on your win & I will read your previous thread :)