VIC Family Court - Follow Court Orders Even After Expiry?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MissSomeone

24 August 2015
Hi,

I currently have DHS involvement until the 13th on Jan. DHS and my ex-partner want to extended it until Feb so he can start filing and take me to family court.

Since the court order is expires on Jan 13th, would I still need to follow the conditions of the court order after the 13th Jan? Or do I need do continue following it until a children's court hearing? Also if I wanted the case closed, would I need to go to the children's court and make a application?

S

Sophea

Unless there is a court order which applies after Jan 13th, then I would think you are at liberty to stray from the orders after that date. However I do not have an understanding of your full situation.

I am assuming that i may help keep the peace - if it wasn't too much trouble for you to observe the conditions of the orders until the Children's court hearing.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I'd stick to the orders until directed by the courts that you no longer need to.

Hayder Shkara

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 January 2017
Sydney, NSW
www.neatlaw.com.au
Since the court order is expires on Jan 13th, would I still need to follow the conditions of the court order after the 13th Jan?

Most probably not

I'd stick to the orders until directed by the courts that you no longer need to.

Agree. If not causing you trouble - better not to create problems.